Thursday 11 June 2009

Ready for action

The week of preparation is over. All the suites are ready (I have moved out of my bedroom into the spare room), all the ironing is done and all the necessary supplies have been purchased.

For the first time ever since 42rvh opened we will have three suites filled with guests - it will be a full on client service weekend.

It started today when I collected new guests off the Liverpool flight this afternoon. They live in Bolton, which is where all my family was born and bred, so immediately there was something in common and a talking point.

They are a lovely young couple who are getting married later this year. She bought the surprise weekend away for him to show him how much she loved him before they get married - no pressure there then!

I am certainly not qualified to comment on people getting married so I won't - I have history - but I am as happy as any man could be with marriage right now. Seeing a betrothed couple in the final throws of wedding planning brings home how much I miss Debrah when we are apart during our enforced absences. London beckons.

In the meantime, there are more guests arriving tomorrow (on honeymoon) and more over the weekend. It will keep me busy and out of trouble.

No comments: