Tuesday 7 October 2008

Missing my wife

I have just finished another client dinner, loaded the dishwasher and washed up the stuff that wouldn't fit - all except the glasses that is.

I was feeling a bit lonely this morning and really missing Debrah not being here - I couldn't get myself going on anything despite having a million things that I could do. I went to the market for the stuff for tonight's dinner and then mooched about a bit before finally shaking off the lethargy - in fact I suddenly went into overdrive.

Not sure where the energy or drive appeared from but I made a rapid supermarket trip and finished the email listing of previous enquirees and then went into baketastic cooking mode interspersed with an hours ironing and finally dinner preparation for this evening - phew!

So there is now a lemon cake and some biscuits for guests and me to nibble on and most of the ironing is up to date and the mailing list is ready for the relaunch of the website and the current guests have gone to bed replete after supper.

The supermarket trip was a bit disappointing though - the annual 'Foire des Vins' or wine fair had been taking place at Leclerc and they had some excellent wines on offer at excellent prices. Debrah and I tried some a couple of weeks ago and earmarked the ones that we would like to have again and again. Sadly, when I visited today the whole promotion was over and virtually all the wines that we had earmarked had sold out - bugger - oh well, there will always be next year and the wine festival is just around the corner next week - I don't suppose that we will go without the water of life.

I had emails this morning from both Amy and Isabel - amazing immediate responses to my email last evening - both are settled into their university years at Lancaster and Leicester - and with Christian now into his first week at Ravensbourne Art College, we have quite the grown up family. Good luck to them all on their first steps towards the scariness and responsibility that is adulthood and don't you dare mess up.

No comments: