Tuesday 14 October 2008

Looking Ahead

Today seemed to disappear in a blur without me knowing why or how - suddenly it was time to start prepping dinner for the guests and the day had gone.

But what a day - not a cloud in the sky and the temperature in the upper twenties - a perfect Autumn day in the Languedoc - which meant that I meandered about the market for maybe longer than I would have done normally and lingered for a coffee and watched the world go by for a bit and was then persuaded (not with any great difficulty) to return for lunch at Bar Felix.

It was the sort of day and the sort of lunch that was just going to be me but ended up being me and Richard and Janet and then Gary and Tom and Cathy and then Susan and then Patrick and another Tom, fresh off the Shannon flight. It was civilised and relaxed and lazy - we all lingered about an hour longer than we had intended, partly because it seemed to take that long to get the bill and pay it!

I wasn't looking forward to the dinner with guests this evening. I think that I am coming to the end of my season and I need a break from it too - so in a way, I am happy that we don't have any November bookings at the moment. I am feeling like it has been a long summer slog of entertaining and I think I will welcome a couple of weeks without it before we get to Christmas and New Year.

As ever though I gave my all for my guests this evening and they seem to have had a lovely stay here and enjoyed dinner tonight - hurrah for that. After dinner they wandered out to have a look at the Cité illuminated by it's lights and also, tonight, by a very bright and beautiful full moon. How sweet.

Looking ahead, our new website went live today and it looks fantastic - well done Debrah for another piece of inspired creative magic. The new site features more information and more fabulous photography and next years prices - hopefully everyone will have recovered from the banking/recession crisis soon and start booking up next years dates. Fingers crossed.

No comments: