Sunday 5 October 2008

Bloggate

I seem to have caused a bit of a rumpus following my blog after last weekends birthday bash for Anna.

I used a comment that was made to me in private - I know, blatant plagiarism - and it appears that some people may have taken offence - well, that seems to be the implication but I haven't spoken with or heard from anybody directly so this is all rather second hand knowledge. Anna and Debrah have had a bit of a heated falling out and have now hopefully made up again - lordy.

That's the thing about writing a blog though - you hope people are going to read it and, ironically, more people seem to have read it this week than ever before. I put it out there so I have to expect that not everyone is going to agree with everything I write and there is of course a certain amount of exaggeration of situations or events for, hopefully, humourous effect.

So, lets get two things straight, with no exaggeration or attempted humour involved at all. Firstly, as I said at the beginning of the week, it was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend with a great mix of people, all of whose company I enjoyed. Secondly, I never meant to cause any offence and apologise to anyone who feels at all offended in any way whatsoever.

Hopefully, that is the end of the crisis, without the need for resignations, court cases or 'Hello' photo-shoots.

Meanwhile it has been one unbelievably busy full-on working weekend here with guests out on Friday and Saturday and new guests in on both days and both leaving today and two new sets of guests arriving. I have the most impressive washing and ironing mountain ever!

The weekend guests all arrived from the UK - two Australians came in on the plane from London and two Americans on the plane from Liverpool - to stay with an Englishman living in France. "Doesn't anyone live in their own country anymore", quipped one - well, apparently not.

There was an architect working on top class hotels and restaurants in London and a marketing man in charge of business partnerships for Liverpool FC - all of which meant that we talked about food and design and sport all night, over dinner and a wine tasting, which couldn't have been better to be honest.

You might ask "what does an American know about football?" - but he doesn't need to as long as he knows about marketing and business partnerships which he clearly does and I now know someone who can get hold of Liverpool tickets which I think is called a 'football result'.

I also know that a top top chef is opening a new restaurant but I don't know where because I wasn't told but I do know who but I'm not going to say because this blog seems to get me into enough trouble as it is - blumen hell!

No comments: