Wednesday 29 October 2008

Cot in two minds

It took some time to register, but I finally realised that it was my alarm and that it was time to get up and sort breakfasts - it felt as if I'd only gone to bed five minutes earlier.

My plans for a little afternoon nap to boost my energy levels came to nothing as well - just too much to do - so it will be an early night.

Lance and Ellie left this morning. When he asked me to find out how to get to Paris, I initially thought that they were going to stay a couple more days and go to Paris as planned at the weekend - alas for me, they just decided to go to Paris immediately and bin the rest of their tour up the west coast of France - oh well - I'm not complaining because they were good company, brought me a lovely bottle of wine, have promised to send me a bottle of the Absinthe they make back in California, wrote some lovely words in our visitors book and also promised to do the same on tripadvisor - I really couldn't ask for more.

I finally got the car going again - I had to walk up to the motor spares shop on Allee d'Iena for a new fuse for the charger and then wait for a couple of hours for the battery to charge. I was mobile again by mid-afternoon.

After a trip to the supermarket for essential supplies, I ventured into 'New Baby' and 'Baby 9' out of town stores to look for a cot. It must be 18 years since I was in a baby store - so it was all slightly wierd. The strange thing is that nothing seems to have changed - everything still looked the same (blue and pink!), except for the odd French design element.

Being a bit tired and a little bit overpowered by the shop assistants very fast explanations about the key differences of the different cots on offer, I failed to make any sort of decision and, am ashamed to say, I will need to go back again tomorrow with Debrah to come to a purchase conclusion. Meanwhile, I am assured that Pippa is very happy in her nest on the mezzanine of the studio. Bless.

No comments: