Tuesday 13 May 2008

Ready to go

Today was the lull before the storm. Tomorrow I have to do my first ever same day room changeover on both suites - politely usher the existing guests out after their breakfast, strip out the rooms of bedding, towels and rubbish, clean from top to bottom and remake beds and re-stock kitchens and bathrooms - whilst collecting new guests from the airport on the lunchtime flight and dropping off old guests for the afternoon flight.

Although today was relatively quiet, there is an air of expectation about tomorrow. So I sorted out a lot of small jobs that needed doing including getting my hair cut (well overdue), washing the car, replacing the battery in the car key fob, stocking up with breakfast fruit at the market and ironing everything that I could lay my hands on so that I have two piles of clean pressed sheets and towels ready to go asap in the morning.

So nothing very exciting to report on really. France went back to school and back to work, one set of guests went cycling, the others went to Toulouse shopping and the sun came out again.

No comments: