Thursday 8 May 2008

Bits missing

The Studio guests left today and new guests arrived. Well, actually it was a new guest because her husband had taken their son's passport to Stansted airport rather than his own and so couldn't get on the flight - but she came anyway and left him to follow on behind tomorrow - way to go girl. Apparently, he did a similar thing on their honeymoon and she went without him then as well.

I was beginning to worry when I couldn't get the car started with guests on board for the airport run - the battery in the key fob had decided to pack up and so it wasn't disengaging the engine immobiliser - whatever, it wouldn't start. Finally I remembered the alternative method and away we went - but I am glad the car is going into the garage in the morning to have a few bits sorted out.

All in all an eventful day which has flown by as usual - all morning spent ironing before the airport run, then a nice break for a bit of lunch with Gary and Chris before more cleaning, another trip to the DIY stores, putting plasterboard up on ceilings in Denis' flat and Niall dropping in with the scale plans that we had requested - then drinks with my new guest, find her a restaurant and a bit of tapas and a glass of wine with Patrick and Chris and the day is over

I didn't get to make my cake, which was a disappointment.

No comments: