Tuesday 18 September 2007

Full Steam Ahead

After my jolly to the rugby in Montpellier on Sunday it was time to get back down to work on both my London and Carcassonne projects, both of which are reaching a critical stage of development and both of which could probably demand all my time - so I need to put some hours in this week to satisfy their demands.

I have found that I am more productive on London work first thing in the morning - up at 7.00am with the first bell of the day, a pot of coffee, still relatively quiet outside and at this time of year still darkish. Of course, in the UK it is only 6.00am so anyone receiving an early email from me is always well impressed.

That isn't the reason for working this way around though. After doing the physical side of things on the renovation I am always aching - seeing as I am getting on a bit these days and there is a lot of mileage behind me - and I find it more difficult when I am physically tired to think straight and do financial planning. I am hoping I am not alone in this.

Of course, up early and thinking clearly is only possible if I am sensible the night before. So, a degree of discipline is required this week, something I haven't been renowned for in the past, but I am getting better.

As I sit here now at the kitchen table, waiting for the water to come to the boil for the spaghetti for my dinner, I am pretty happy with my two days effort on both fronts - how smug does that sound? It shouldn't sound smug at all because I have only made but a dent in the work that still needs to be done to bring both these projects to fruition.

Supper nearly ready so time to go. I think I might go to the pub and watch the rugby later .......

No comments: