Tuesday 31 March 2009

Wet Feet

After my weekend exertions up a mountain it was back to the weekday routine of guests checking out, room changes, laundry, ironing and new guest arrivals.

My new guests arrived today on the first flight on the new Edinburgh to Carcassonne route. Unfortunately, they had typical Scottish weather to welcome them - grey skies and a constant drizzle - most un-Languedoc like.

As I drove up to the airport I was reminded that I needed new windscreen wipers for the car - because the old ones were doing such a bad job of giving me any decent visibility. So this afternoon I ventured out to 'Feu Vert' to invest in some shiny new car parts and I can now see the road again.

The rain also found a way into my feet. I knew that one pair of shoes had worn through the soles and that others were summer shoes and not at all meant for using in water, but I thought that my black boots were sound - how wrong I was. I have come to the conclusion that they were put under too much strain over the rocks and sand in Sweden and sadly they have succumbed to the wear and tear of the last two years. It seems that I need to go shoe shopping, which isn't something that I usually readily admit to.

Of course, being a useless man when it comes to this sort of stuff, I will wait for Debrah to arrive to help the process along - she is so much more experienced at shoe shopping than I will ever be.

No comments: