Tuesday 17 March 2009

Kids

Just when you think that your children are growing up and starting to act more responsibly. Just when you think you can trust them. Just when you think you can start to step back from having to wipe their noses all the time - they let you down.

So it has been with Christian over the last few days. Tomorrow he has his interview at Falmouth for the degree course he really wants to do next year. Falmouth is not just round the corner from London so the whole trip needed a bit of planning. As of Sunday evening he had been out since Friday morning and had no train, no place to stay and no work prepared. So we organised his train for him (we were always going to pay for it of course) and his bed and breakfast and Debrah spent 3 hours on Monday evening helping him sort out his portfolio - and then - he forgot to take his sketch book and his lunch with him and he missed the train because he left too late - unbelievable.

Debrah is understandably furious with him. I have tried to be calm because I want him to focus on the interview - he has eventually made it to Falmouth about 4 hours later than planned and at considerable extra cost. Fingers crossed that he doesn't screw anything up tomorrow.

It had been a lovely weekend up until that point. We had a delicious dinner at Orrery on Friday evening and then a bit of shopping on Saturday followed by one of Debrah's fabulous Thai green curry's on Saturday evening and then even more shopping on Sunday. The sun was shining and Spring feels like it is on the way - hurrah.

This week I have joined the Facebook fraternity (better late than never) and Twitter (getting in there earlyish on that one) - both of which I am loving. I now have three places to leave my rambling nonsense and views. When I can afford it (whenever that is) I will get myself a decent up to date mobile rather than the antique steam driven machine I am still using - then I can be permanently on the air.

The other downside to this week is that I am blowing my nose a lot - I can't believe I have another cold - and only two days before going to Stockholm for the weekend. Must be time for another lemsip.

No comments: