Thursday 5 March 2009

Not together

I took a couple of one night bookings last weekend. I don't usually do one night stays because it's just too much work for one person but in these straightened times you can't be choosy and I was here anyway with other clients - so these bookings just filled in the gaps.

There were a couple of firsts for 42rvh over the weekend. The group of Aussies that came on Sunday had three babies with them and then one of them managed to take the room key away with her when they left - so that will have to be posted back to me. Good job I have spares. As for the babies, they were no trouble at all.

Meanwhile, Debrah has a new commission to design a wedding for one of Anna's clients up at the chateau - so flew into Bergerac to spend the weekend with Anna working on the brief and I took the opportunity of no clients for two days to drive up and meet her at the airport and spend the night at the chateau with her - we haven't seen each other for two weeks and as ever that is two weeks too long.

Sadly, I could only stay one night because I have new clients arriving early tomorrow and the room still needed prepping - so I am now back in Carcassonne after my mad dash up and back in the most filthy driving conditions imaginable on both legs of the journey - pouring rain and near zero visibility at times - not helped by one of my windscreen wipers deciding this was a good time to start falling apart.

Actually it wasn't a great get-together because the big issue in our lives - namely spending too much time in different countries - is causing us both problems and we are taking it out on each other - which is just stupid but sometimes you can't help yourself and it just happens.

Thank heavens we will both be in London from the start of next week and we can spend some much needed time together.

No comments: