Tuesday 23 October 2007

Kitchen Lights

For two years we have had a single bare light bulb sat forlornly high up in the centre of the ceiling in the kitchen. We have always known what we wanted to put in place and have had the light shades sat here in a bag for most of those last two years.

Alison and Graham, the first builders that we employed down here, were supposed to have fitted them, but they turned out to be useless, slow and incompetent - Alison and Graham, not the lights. We are even now having to correct or work around some of the work that they did in the early days of the renovation, and that really pisses me off, especially when I think about the money that we paid to them.

At long last, the single light bulb, which turned out to be just 40 watts (no wonder I had trouble reading properly at the kitchen table in the evening - or am I just losing my sight?) has been replaced with two elegant shades hanging low over the kitchen island and the kitchen table respectively. What a difference they make, not just to the light and visibility but also to the look and feel of the entire kitchen. Hurrah.

The Poles are continuing to work at a rapid pace - so much so that Chris has been able to start tiling in the studio bathroom, which is also very exciting news. I hope you are all as excited as I am, whoever you are.

By the way, it was Chris' birthday today - so happy birthday to you - and thanks for the kitchen lights. I'm supposed to give you a present but it turned out the other way round. You said to me that it was just another day, but it isn't - it's not everyday that a long running kitchen light saga is sorted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.