Wednesday 31 October 2007

Cold cures

It was all a bit less frenetic today, without the Poles and the plaster and the dust clouds. Oh don't worry, we still have dust - lots and lots and lots of it. Every bit of cleaning in one part of the apartment is negated by walking from another part, leaving a trail of dusty footprints - will it never end?

Today was one of those strange France days when I spent pretty much all day working with my London head on - sat at my computer putting financial forecasts together. It also coincided with a constant runny nose and sneezing. Aren't colds the pits? - nothing you can do about it - just constant hot toddies, a ready supply of tissues and just try to ignore it. Frankly, there is far too much to do both here in France and in London to let a cold bring a halt to proceedings.

Meanwhile, Chris has been getting on with the tiling in the studio, which is looking good, notwithstanding the fact we might be short of a tile or two.

And Chris' advice for my cold? - "alcohol, mate - always works for me" - suppose I better open another bottle of wine then.

No comments: