Monday 20 April 2009

Catch-up

Where does the time go? - I have just noticed that it is a week since I last posted a blog - that's rubbish that is.

In the intervening period I have been back to London with Debrah for a few days. I spent some of my time planning and sorting the materials for laying a new floor in the living room and hallway of the London apartment. Everything is ready for when I return this week on Thursday. I have never laid a wooden floor before but I have seen it done and I'm not afraid of anything these days - so we will give it a go ('we' being Christian and me - he promised to help me out)

To be honest, I came back to France on Saturday morning rather reluctantly - I would rather have stayed and got on with laying the floor and I would rather have stayed with Debrah.

But two sets of guests were due and return I did. I have just finished dinner for them all and done most of the washing up (all except the glasses). One vegetarian and one 9 weeks pregnant - so a slight tip-toeing around various ingredients but not too tricky to sort out and everyone seemed to have a good time so hopefully some more good reviews to come.

I know that's not much of a catch-up for a weeks worth of activity but, quite frankly, I am feeling a bit knackered and I have to be up to take the car to the garage for exhaust repairs and to do breakfasts, so I am off to bed. Goodnight.

No comments: