Wednesday 17 September 2008

Lovely Day

It was the most glorious morning. I opened the kitchen windows and looked to the left and saw the golden sun breaking the horizon over the Place Carnot - I looked to the right and saw the full face of the ivory coloured moon against the pale blue sky to the east - the same moon that had been over the Place Carnot the evening before. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect demonstration of the movement of the planets.

And I couldn't have asked for a more uplifting start to the day. I merrily trotted down to the boulangerie for the viennoisserie and whistled and sang my way through breakfast preparation and delivery.

What might have been a bit of a chore - driving my guests out to Domaine Gayda for a wine tasting that I couldn't attend - became a pleasure with the roof down on the car and the mist in the valley and the Pyrenean peaks poking up through the haze in the distance. I knew my guests would have a great day and so it proved.

Back home was back to the mundane reality of ironing and checking out my other guests and cleaning out their room - but none of that mattered because it was just work and I was in a good mood.

If only every day would be like that, but then you wouldn't appreciate them if they were.

No comments: