Saturday 20 September 2008

A bit sad

Debrah arrived yesterday and the good news is that she is staying all week, having bought some work with her. She seems to be in a very melancholy mood though, which concerns me quite a lot - I think the constant travelling and the days spent apart are starting to take their toll. It's obvious that we need to find a solution but it's not obvious what the solution is - there seem to be too many reasons for maintaining both our London and French lives and that means continuing the current arrangements of me spending most of my time here looking after clients and Debrah working in London and commuting here every weekend.

So we planned to have a quiet afternoon and then take advantage of the empty studio suite and watch movies on the big screen telly.

We managed to do both those things but in-between I drove my Aussie clients to Castelnaudary. They asked me mid-afternoon if I could arrange a cab to take them - some friends of theirs had just finished a canal boat week on the Canal du Midi and they were meeting up for a bit of dinner. Cabs here need a bit more notice than one hour to undertake 35km journeys - so I volunteered to take them myself and to be honest I really enjoyed the drive - roof down, sun out, French A road motoring - fabulous.

We didn't get down to the market this morning until after 10am, which must be the latest for some months - but nonetheless we managed to bring back 4 heavy bags worth of goodies for ourselves and our clients.

Talking of clients, I collected new arrivals from the airport at lunchtime whilst Debrah put together the first 'Daube de Boeuf' of the new post summer period, which we ate this evening with some savoy cabbage - followed by a bit of Saturday evening business analysis where we worked out which dates over the year had attracted the most enquiries - very interesting findings too, all of which will help us plan for next year.

A bit of weekend business analysis proved too much for Debrah - so she has put herself to bed - actually I think I should do the same - I know I'm going to be dreaming about statistics, which doesn't fill me with joy - better get it over and done with.

No comments: