Thursday 10 April 2008

Wife appreciation

Our new guest was very keen with an 8.30am breakfast request - doesn't she know she's on holiday? - actually she seems to be the all energy type and it might take her longer than her three days here to stop being 'a bit London' - she's lovely and fun and is from the same advertising/publishing/design world that we know so well from our own past/present,(me/Debrah) but, still - calm down - have managed to get her to a 9.00am breakfast tomorrow.

Not that I am angling for a lazy bed morning - I have to be up to finish getting the Apartment ready for new guests who arrive on the early flight from East Midlands at 10.15am - yes, the same early flight I went to meet yesterday in a very mistaken totally wrong sort of way. I actually took the time to write out my schedule for the week because I knew there were a lot of changes and pick-ups and drop-offs and then promptly forgot to look at it and assumed I knew what was happening - such a schoolboy error from a man who always proclaims to be on top of things - the shame, the shame - oh well, what the hell!

Whilst I cleaned and preened the Apartment this morning, Debrah went off with Nathalie for a days shopping in Toulouse. This was always going to be interesting anglo-french entente - Debrah can shop, but usually on her own - so the challenge of shopping with a French woman in a foreign city would be a fascinating clash of cultures and willpower. I waved goodbye and wondered what would happen.

It was gone 6.00pm and I was well into the dinner preparation when I finally heard from Debrah - without repeating the exact words, the message was that she had been out-shopped and underfed - clearly French women live up to their reputation for shopping and not eating at all.

Debrah got back just half an hour before we were due to serve dinner to our guest, but despite having slightly achey feet, I get the impression that she enjoyed her day out and has made a good friend - and she very cleverly didn't spend a fortune, although there was a new handbag to offset the purchase of bins for the suites. - bless your lovely logic and your loveliness in general.

I love you
xx

No comments: