Wednesday 2 April 2008

New Guests

Our new guests spent all day travelling to get here - not the quick weekend break that we anticipated would entice people away. They set off at 3.30am from Kelso in the Scottish Borders and arrived here at 4.00pm via Edinburgh and London Stansted and are staying for 6 nights, which is great. I hope the weather picks up for them.

It was slightly better today, but because I washed the car this morning, it was inevitable that a rogue shower would pass - such is life. My new guests couldn't stop telling me how warm it was here, which just goes to show how damn cold it must be in Scotland.

This morning I dropped into the British shop here in town, which is run by the lovely Anne, and her faithful old dog who barks at you and then licks you like mad. I went to give her some cards which she has been asking me for and she also gave me another couple of useful contacts who might push the odd bit of business my way.

I can't go anywhere these days without bumping into someone. At the airport, Bob and Catherine, on their way back from a weekend in London, arrived on the same flight as my guests - they thought I had come to pick them up - the cheek of it! I also bumped into Jason from VEF, the agency that sold us our apartments here in France, who was picking up some clients by the look of things so hopefully things are going well for him too - in fact, I should call him about putting people up here as well.

On top of all that I did some car flirting with the lady owner of the other Audi Cabriolet of the same vintage in the region.
"Nice car", I said. "Yours looks good too", she replied, before the flow of visitors emanating from the arrivals hall stopped our conversation developing any further - just as well.

I had a long chat with our guests this evening over some canapes and drinks - too long in fact because I missed the first half of the Champions League quarter final as a result - I don't know, the sacrifices you have to make to run a business properly.

And it's back on the breakfast bandwagon tomorrow morning, so that's it for now.

No comments: