Friday 11 April 2008

Talk to me

Don't you just hate those days when you don't get any emails - makes you feel as if nobody loves you or needs you. I had one of those today and am feeling very paranoid about it. I checked that my connections were working. I sent an email from one of my accounts to the other one - that arrived safely - so the internet is working. Eventually, it dawned on me that no-one had anything to say to me today.

Well, I'm not going to ignore my public - so here I am sat at my computer on a Friday evening recounting the days events.

Rain, wind, rain, wind - dull dull dull - will the weather sort itself out and settle down to some decent warmth and sunshine please. I went up to the airport this morning to collect our new guests and stood about in the rain, getting cold, and generally feeling very sorry for our new arrivals. They are a lovely couple though and it is their anniversary tomorrow - just three years - still not reached the bottle throwing and stabbing phase yet - so much to look forward to. Bless.

They must be onto a good thing because they found our new romantic little restaurant, La Roulotte, all by themselves at lunchtime - had a good lunch and a couple of glasses of wine and promptly dropped off for a siesta all afternoon in their suite. Actually that makes me very happy - couples coming here and relaxing - I bet they can't remember the last time they had an afternoon sleep together.

We had a little chat with them this morning and again this evening over canapes and a couple of drinks. They have only managed to break one mug so far - slipped out of his hand apparently - and they have discovered that their French isn't very good - join the club. We surmised that he is very charming and polite though because he waited patiently whilst a complete stranger had a look at the fabulous old staircase and balustrade, which means that my guests were acting as tourist guides to our entrance hall - I bet he said it was built in 1750, pre-Revolution you know etc etc because I had told him that at lunchtime. If he didn't then he should have done.

This afternoon, Debrah and I put together the our package for the July music festival and launched it onto our website - what we need to do now is publicise it somehow. It is a fabulous offer, as is our Bastille weekend, but we just need to get it out there to generate some interest.

Believe me, any request, no matter how outlandish is welcome - just somebody please send me an email!

No comments: