Monday 21 September 2009

Easy day

I had the luxury this morning of sleeping until 8.00am - that's the latest my alarm has been set for a very long time - and after the busy weekend it was a much needed and welcome lie-in.

Just one set of guests for breakfast and they were being pleasingly laid back and lazy and wanted a late breakfast - excellent.

There was still a suite to make up and new guests to collect off the Dublin flight which arrived just after lunch but all in all that was relatively calm compared to the last few days. There is always laundry to do, but it will get done, bit by bit and all in good time.

All of which allowed me to get out on my bike for the first time since last Friday and to have a quiet evening on my own, which could only have been made better by Debrah being here too. Soon.

The only thing that has upset the welcome change of pace is the ever increasing level of pain coming from my teeth - it's not the one that I had half sorted the last time I was in London but the filling with a hole in it, which has been getting worse and worse on a daily basis.

At first it was just cold water that produced the instant excruciating pain as it flowed through the hole and onto the nerve - now it is any drink and all food and even air flowing through it, especially when I am gasping up a steep climb on my bike, which is especially cruel as I am already in agony and suffering.

I have an appointment to have it fixed the day after I get back to London - just nine more days of gritting my teeth and waiting for the pain to pass.

No comments: