Thursday 22 November 2007

Rhume

For the second time in three weeks, I have a cold, or 'rhume' as it is known in France. Just my luck.

I didn't stop for the first one and I'm not going to stop for this one either but it has definitely slowed me down, or is that just that I was feeling a bit knackered anyway - I don't know.

Today I undercoated the studio hallway and the the walls and shelves on either side of the studio kitchen, which were a bit fiddly and took longer than I expected. At 4.00pm I decided that I had had enough - so went for a shower and cleaned myself up. Half an hour later I was feeling guilty at having stopped so early in the day. I thought to myself I could go and varnish the new vanity worktops in the two new bathrooms - that won't be too strenuous and will be one more job done. It is one more job done and they now look as fabulous as the others - but half way through I knew that it was a bad idea.

Consequently, I had an early supper (very early in fact) and put myself to bed with Lara Croft - Tomb Raider on dvd. What a load of nonsense - not real you know - nobody in the movies is ever sat in bed with a pile of tissues around them and a head that feels like it's full of cottonwool. Atishoo.

No comments: