Wednesday 28 November 2007

Crikey

After four interesting and varied and tiring and valuable days in London, I returned to Carcassonne today. I had arrived in London with a heavy cold and left with the after effects still in evidence.

As a result, Saturday was a bit of a write-off as I spent all day in bed or on the sofa watching telly or reading the papers and generally 'getting better' - not a total write-off as I predicted a Bolton win over Man U which duly followed.

On Sunday I dragged myself out in the middle of the day for a pub lunch with my Mother-in-law and my just turned eighteen year old stepson. Christian bought a legitimate round of drinks and then had to 'borrow' ten quid for the rest of the day - not quite self-sufficient but then who is so I don't hold that against him.

On Monday I was at work all day but managed to fit a haircut in and on Tuesday I was at work all day and didn't finish until 9.30pm which was a bit of a long one but not unexpected.

And so it was that I returned to a sunny France but a cold apartment and to the news of riots instead of strikes (I somehow missed the baton change from unions to youths over the weekend) I still don't understand the obsession with torching cars and libraries - bunch of pyromaniacs - it must be the French equivalent of Guy Fawkes - "giv us a euro an I won't burn ya mota"

The big big news, however, was that we had our very first genuine enquiry about booking the Apartment. Oh bloody hell - that means that people mighty actually come and we might actually have to put the theory into practice. If only we were ready! Still, it's only an enquiry as yet - best not to get carried away, but I better look again at that long list of things we still haven't done and get on with them - no pressure then.

Yeesss, Nnoooooo, Yes.

Sorted.

No comments: