Friday 14 August 2009

Hot again

Phew! Hot again today. It has been the most glorious week - hardly a cloud in the sky.

I have put the bike back together but haven't had a chance to go out and anyway, it was too hot to cycle in the late afternoon which was the only time of day that I had an opportunity. It is four o'clock siesta weather, not four o'clock cycle weather.

Instead I was taken out to lunch by Denis and Grainne, who are over from Dublin for a few days. The occasion was my birthday, which in fact isn't until next weekend - but they will have left by then and they insisted, which was extremely lovely of them.

We went to Domaine Gayda and sat on the terrace and marvelled at the spectacular view - no matter how many times I have seen it, and it is many many times, it still takes my breath away.

It was all very civilised. I was driving because I had guests there who had been to a VinEcole tasting and I needed to bring them back to Carcassonne. So even with a birthday lunch there was still an element of work to be done.

There is a busy weekend ahead with changeovers for all three rooms so I better get some sleep - I'm not getting any younger you know.

No comments: