Sunday 22 February 2009

First session

That was a pretty full-on Sunday - from breakfasts for guests through kitchen cleaning and the first half day of the cooking class to dinner for four and the washing up that follows - but I think it went well - so am tired but happy.

I thought to myself that I couldn't give a cooking class without the kitchen being spotless to begin with. Although the place wasn't filthy, it did need a bit of a wash and brush up to bring it up to perfection - so that took care of my morning.

This afternoon we got on with the serious business of doing some cooking. The time seemed to fly by. It's difficult to know how much knowledge to assume, especially as this was my first class and my first pupil - things that I take for granted as being obvious are not always so to other people and so it turned out. It was great for me to know, from Gary's feedback, that I was showing him things that he didn't know or had never tried or that he was just unsure about.

I hope the rest of the week goes as well as today, but for now I need to sleep.

No comments: