Wednesday 20 February 2008

Much to do

So much to say but, as per normal over the last couple of weeks, so little time to sit down and say it. Take this evening for instance - I have just finished building two Ikea drawer units that are destined for the bedroom in the studio. I could have waited until tomorrow but I just can't stop myself these days - if there is a job that needs doing then I better get on with it.

I remember the days in London when I'd get home from a day in the office and pour a glass of wine and just sit in front of the telly all night. How my life has changed - can't seem to sit still for a minute - and even though I did watch some football on French TV this evening, I just had to go and build those drawer units right away. What am I trying to say? - not sure really - maybe that my priorities have changed.

We had our first paying guests last weekend which was a bit scary beforehand and very exciting at the same time. I think it all went very well. They wrote a lovely comment in our brand new visitors book and sent me a very lovely email afterwards thanking us for everything - so I think they had a good time.

Of course, we are seeking to offer perfection which we know we haven't achieved yet - hence the ongoing feeling that there is always something else to be done. Nothing wrong with that as long as we keep it in perspective. If all our guests have a lovely time then we are still staying ahead of their needs which is the idea from our point of view.

Blah blah blah - have just re-read what I've written and what a load of bland nonsense that is. So - my head is still full of snot from the the cold that I picked up in London last week and which I can't seem to shake off. I've been working all hours as per first para so haven't really given it a chance to sort itself out and, of course, I breathed germs all over our first guests - they have probably retired to their beds by now, cursing, and planning to sue me.

Well, maybe not - life isn't actually a set of extremes - just feels like that sometimes. I do have a cold but it's just a cold. Our guests did have a good time. I have had lots to do but I am enjoying my new life. We have more visitors this weekend but they are friends and I am really looking forward to seeing them.

Life could be better in many ways but it could be a lot worse too. I'll take where I am for now.

No comments: